Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hoody Hoo

With my lens being scratched I e-mailed century to see what could be done with my MK1. I got this e-mail back:

I was sorry to here that you have a damaged .3X Ultra Fisheye adapter lens. Unfortunately, there is only one way to repair a
scratched element. We repair scratched or marked lenses by replacing the element on the lens we are working with. No other solution is acceptable in regard to quality or cost to accomplish this task.

The cost to replace the front element on your adapter is $295.00 for the part and $90.00 labor to install it, plus insured return shipping expense, and sales tax on the part if applicable. When you can, why don't you send us your lens for a no-charge estimate, then you would know everything that could be wrong with your equipment and the exact cost to repair your lens and time it would take. Most routine repairs are handled in our facility in 8 to 10 work days after we receive approval to proceed.

Please be advised that we do no work until we have your approval to begin repairs.

Best Regards
John Sioringas

So I did some math and without the insured shipping and sales tax I'm looking at like $542 canadian. Might be a while before I get that done. So if you want to help out you can just write me a nice cheque and we'll be on our way.

I can still film long lens though so enjoy this footage of Mark Feero at Kimble yesterday.

Mark Feero Kimble from Sean Garrity on Vimeo.


- Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment